The Wythe County Board of Supervisors (“WCBOS”) is soliciting proposals from qualified firms to provide professional engineering services related to the design of water mains in the Dunford Road area as well as the replacement of water mains along Ivanhoe Road from Fort Chiswell into Ivanhoe.
The WCBOS intends to install water mains and services in Wythe County Virginia as per the approved Preliminary Engineering Report. The scope of professional engineering services may include engineering design, environmental assessment, development of drawings, technical specifications and construction contract documents, bidding assistance, construction administration services; and supplemental services as appropriate to complete the project.
Firms wishing to submit a proposal shall provide five statements of qualifications and references on Standard Form (SF) 330, along with a cover letter of not more than two pages. Proposals shall be submitted to the following address:
Wythe County Board of Supervisors
Attn: Stephen Bear, County Administrator
340 South 6th Street
Wytheville, VA 24382
Proposals shall be clearly labeled
“Engineering Proposals – Dunford Road and Ivanhoe Road Water Main Project”
The Proposals must be received by 4:00 pm on February 14, 2024. Proposals received after the close date will not be considered.
Evaluation shall be based on the information contained in Standard Form (SF) 330 and the cover letter. Selection criteria shall be as follows:
- Qualifications of the design team (30 points)
- Familiarity with the specific project requirements (30 points)
- Past performance on comparable projects (15 points)
- Demonstrated responsiveness of the firm (25 points)
Proposals will be reviewed and interviews may be scheduled with the top ranked firm(s) in accordance with the Virginia Procurement Policy. Please note Wythe County Board of Supervisors reserves the right to award in part or in whole or to reject any or all proposals.
All elements of this project will comply with Rural Development, Virginia Department of Health, and Virginia Department of Environmental Quality guidelines. WCBOS encourages the participation of MBE/WBE type firms. By submitting a proposal, offeror certifies that during the performance of this contract, offeror shall comply with the following:
- President's Executive Order #11246 prohibiting discrimination in employment regarding race, color, creed, sex, or national origin
- President's Executive Order #12138 and #11625 regarding utilization of MBE/WBE firms
- Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- Age Discrimination and Employment Act of 1967
- Immigration and Reform Act of 1986 prohibiting employment of illegal alien workers
- Virginia Public Procurement Act Provision 4310 prohibiting discrimination and regarding participation of small, women-owned, minority-owned, and service disabled veteran-owned businesses and employment services organizations
- Virginia Public Procurement Act Provision 4311 prohibiting employment discrimination
- Virginia Public Procurement Act Provision 4312 requiring a drug-free workplace
Offerors are advised that Section 2.2-4342 of the Code of Virginia (i.e. the Virginia Public Procurement Act) shall govern public inspection of all records submitted by the Offeror.