The Board of Supervisors is the main governing body in Wythe County.
The Board members are elected by the citizens of the county and serve four year terms.
The powers and duties of the Board of Supervisors include:
* preparing the county budget
* setting the county tax rates
* appointing members of various boards and committees
* constructing and maintaining county buildings
* adopting the county's comprehensive plan
* adopting and enforcing ordinances for police, sanitation, health, and other regulations permitted by state laws
Click below for information:
Rules of Procedure
Last Updated on Tuesday, 16 April 2013 08:46