Thursday, December 06, 2018
Wythe County Board of Supervisors is accepting bid proposals for the removal of hay on six different sites. All bid proposals should be in a sealed envelope marked HAY REMOVAL and to the attention of Martha Collins, 340 South 6th Street, Wytheville, VA 24382. Bids should be listed for each site and will be awarded by the highest respective bid for each site. Bids can be made for as many sites as the individual or company would like. Proposals should be submitted by 2:00 p.m. on December 21, 2018.
County expectations for the agreement will contain the following:
- Any area that hay is not made will be bush hogged, hay removal or bush hogging must be completed by June 30th and December 31st of each year.
- A general liability insurance policy naming the county and a hold harmless agreement signed.
- Damage to any structure or surface will be repaired within 30 days of notice.
- Proposed monetary payout to the county of a flat rate for each site per year by January 15th of that calendar year.
- Land applicants are being applied to Lot 24. Coordination with the land applicator will be required. Any additional applicant will need approval from the County.
- Wythe County reserves the right to withdrawal from some or all of the agreement with 15 days written notice.
Each area will be considered independent of the other areas and awards will be made as such. The length of contracts will be for the 2019, 2020, and 2021 calendar years.
Area 1 also known as Lot 24:
This area is comprised of approximately 165 acres. Entrance is located off of Gator Lane, Wytheville.
Area 2 also known as Kents Lane:
This area is comprised of approximately 3.9 acres. Entrance is located off of Kents Lane, Wytheville.
Area 3 also known as Speedwell Landfill:
This area is comprised of approximately 86 acres. Entrance is located off of Rudisill Rd, Speedwell.
Area 4 also known as Ager Park:
This area is comprised of approximately 1.8 acres. Entrance is located off of Stafford Umberger Road, Wytheville.
Area 5 also known as Fairview House Property:
This area is comprised of approximately 5 acres. Entrance is located off of North 4th St and Umberger Road, Wytheville.
Area 6 also known as Rural Retreat Elementary School Property:
This area is comprised of approximately 9.5 acres. Entrance is located off of West Lee Highway, Rural Retreat.
For more information or specific questions, please contact Billy Bowers at 276-223-6119.